Thursday, February 19, 2015

Goal...

GOAL baby…
 
I reached my goal weight of 74kg in March 2011 –
exactly 6 years after Logan was born.

A total of almost 40kg gone…

 
At the beginning of 2011 I set myself 3 goals.
I wrote my goals in a small notebook that I carried in my handbag – I could see it every time I went to get my wallet or my keys from my bag…
 
Those goals were:
Enter the Weight Watchers Healthy Life Awards
Run 5k in less than 30mins
Be a sixties girl (weight less than 70kg)
 
 
 
I qualified to enter the Healthy Life Awards (HLA) when I reached my goal weight on 21st March 2011.
 
My weight loss journey had changed my life & my hope was to be able to inspire others to join this life changing adventure.
 
 
As I sat down to answer the application questions I was faced with the realisation that I had never told this story before & I wasn’t actually sure if I wanted to.

My story was not just about having lost 40 kilos…it wasn’t that simple.
 
My story was about an overweight five year old girl, an overweight teenager & a woman who had spent her 20s & her 30s battling her weight – a woman who had spent most of her life on a hideous weight loss/weight gain rollercoaster ride.
 
I was going to have to bare it all, I was going to have to be honest & tell the whole, raw story!
 
I was going to have to reflect on some very dark times & I just wasn’t sure if I was ready for that!
 
Yes, I’d lost 40 kilos but hadn’t I lost weight in the past?
Hadn’t I lost 15, 20 & even 25kg before…only to put it all back on again (& some!).
So, why would it be any different this time?
Why would it be any different this time?
Why would it be any different this time?
 
 
This question filled my mind & as I began filling in the entry form I still wasn’t certain that it WOULDN’T be different this time...
 …but I did know that I was a hell of a lot closer to being ‘there’ than I had ever been in my life!
 
I knew with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my being that this HAD to be the last time!
 
I didn’t think that I could do it again - I just couldn’t…
 
Until next time,
Toni x
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am waiting till next time….thanks for "baring your soul"

    ReplyDelete